Makes 3 servings
This French toast recipe, inspired by Dreena Burton, has very simple, whole, plant-based ingredients. It whips up in no time flat with a blender. Very ripe bananas add just the right amount of sweetness, so there is no need for added sugar!
9 slices whole-wheat bread (3 slices per serving)
2 small bananas, very ripe
¾ cup plant-based milk, unsweetened (we use soy)
1½ teaspoons flaxseed meal
1½ tablespoons hemp seeds
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon vanilla powder (or ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract)
⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat (425°F, if you can set the temp).
- Add all ingredients except for the bread slices to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a wide bowl.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the batter. Be sure not to oversaturate the bread.
- Place onto the preheated griddle. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip each slice over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove toast and serve as desired. Enjoy!
Faith Scott, along with her husband, Will, and their three children, love to share their passion for living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle on their website & blog, Get2dRootHealthandWellness.com, on their YouTube channel, and on Facebook and Instagram. Faith transitioned to a plant-based lifestyle in 2015 in an effort to lose weight. Within the first few weeks of trying plant-based recipes, her family was enjoying the food and asking for repeat meals; that was when she realized healthy living is a family affair! For the past six years, her entire family has reaped the priceless benefits of good health, energy, and vibrancy from living a plant-exclusive lifestyle. The Scott family’s message is simple, “Our health is our wealth. Let’s ‘Get2dRoot’ of obtaining and sustaining good health by eating more plants.”