Makes 4 servings
This delicious Brussels Sprouts Slaw is oil-, sugar-, and salt-free, making it the perfect sweet-and-savory, low-calorie-dense, nutrient-rich dish to indulge in! It’s become our go-to anytime salad and is the perfect side dish for burgers and fries. Try it on carrot dogs!
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1 cup julienned carrots
2 large Gala apples
1 large radish
6 tablespoons reduced white balsamic vinegar (4% acidity)
2 tablespoons low-sodium Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- Trim the ends of Brussels sprouts, cut in half, and place into a food processor fitted with an S blade.
- Add the julienned carrots to the food processor.
- Deseed and quarter 2 large Gala apples, and trim the ends and quarter the radish. Add both the sliced apples and radish to the food processor. Pulse the ingredients into a fine slaw texture.
- Transfer the chopped slaw into a mixing bowl. Add the reduced balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and celery seeds. Give a thorough stir through. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes so the flavors can blend.
- Stir through once more and serve as desired. Enjoy!
Chef’s Note: Slaw will keep in a tightly sealed glass jar for about 3-5 days.
Faith Scott, along with her husband, Will, and their three children, love to share their passion for living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle on their website & blog, Get2dRootHealthandWellness.com, on their YouTube channel, and on Facebook and Instagram. Faith transitioned to a plant-based lifestyle in 2015 in an effort to lose weight. Within the first few weeks of trying plant-based recipes, her family was enjoying the food and asking for repeat meals; that was when she realized healthy living is a family affair! For the past six years, her entire family has reaped the priceless benefits of good health, energy, and vibrancy from living a plant-exclusive lifestyle. The Scott family’s message is simple, “Our health is our wealth. Let’s ‘Get2dRoot’ of obtaining and sustaining good health by eating more plants.”